Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Count Invisible ReportItems in Page Footer?

I have a textbox in my page footer with an expression like this: Sum(iif(
(ReportItems!textbox56.Value = "Complete"),1,0)). Basically it counts how
many times "Complete" comes up in a page. I also have a parameter which can
filter out any "Complete" values using the visibility of the detail row. My
problem is that I still want a count of the Complete values, even if they are
filtered out on the page. When I run the report with no filters, it shows me
exactly how many Completes there are per page. However, it will not count
the Completes when they are filtered out by page. How can I get the page
footer to count them even when they are hidden?Sorry, this is not supported in RS 2000. The good news is that this will
change in RS 2005 and conditionally (expression-based) hidden items won't be
taken into account in page header/footer calculations.
-- Robert
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"dachrist" <dachrist@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D32037E2-4E92-4BB0-B622-09794DEAF21F@.microsoft.com...
>I have a textbox in my page footer with an expression like this: Sum(iif(
> (ReportItems!textbox56.Value = "Complete"),1,0)). Basically it counts how
> many times "Complete" comes up in a page. I also have a parameter which
> can
> filter out any "Complete" values using the visibility of the detail row.
> My
> problem is that I still want a count of the Complete values, even if they
> are
> filtered out on the page. When I run the report with no filters, it shows
> me
> exactly how many Completes there are per page. However, it will not count
> the Completes when they are filtered out by page. How can I get the page
> footer to count them even when they are hidden?|||Though in simple terms its not possible. But there is work around-
Make custom dll which has a method which takes filter expression as input
and connects to same datasource using ado.net and fetches the same records.
Then calculate no of "complete"s in table and return the value to report.
Please see using custom assemblies in Reporting Services. Its very powerful!
Suneet Moha
-----
"dachrist" wrote:
> I have a textbox in my page footer with an expression like this: Sum(iif(
> (ReportItems!textbox56.Value = "Complete"),1,0)). Basically it counts how
> many times "Complete" comes up in a page. I also have a parameter which can
> filter out any "Complete" values using the visibility of the detail row. My
> problem is that I still want a count of the Complete values, even if they are
> filtered out on the page. When I run the report with no filters, it shows me
> exactly how many Completes there are per page. However, it will not count
> the Completes when they are filtered out by page. How can I get the page
> footer to count them even when they are hidden?

No comments:

Post a Comment