Thursday, March 29, 2012

Count records manually

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie with this Crystal Reports thing and I was wondering if there is anyone who can help me.

My table has a field named obsolete, depending on the type of "obsolete" I would like to count the number of ocurrencies in my table.

I know I could do this by grouping the field but, I need to group with other 4 fields and I've tried it like that but I guess that the only way that I'll be able to retrieve the data the way I want it is manually. So, is there any if statement or while statement that I could use?

Thanx for any repliesI guess you could try to use if statements in suppressed formulas (look up information on running totals in CR).

I had a similar requirement and found it easier to decode the values in my view (I'm using Oracle PL/SQL).

decode(classId,1,trafficcount,0) class_1,
decode(classId,2,trafficcount,0) class_2,

Ie. If the classId is 1, put the trafficcount in column called class_1, else put 0.|||Thanx for your reply kristyw. Im using informix, I'm not quite sure I can use the decode function, or is it a CR function?

No comments:

Post a Comment