Thursday, March 29, 2012

Count of Units * Unit Price

My dsv has two tables (one is used materials another is material price).

My used material dimension has "stock nr" and "count of material" attributes and material price table has "stock nr" and "unit price" attributes.

My goal is to calculate "total price" measure for the cube with count of material * unit price. Not all the materials have price value...

I don't know what to do. Could you recommend something?

- Using integration services instead of analysis service before processing.
- Using an MDX query (I am not good at MDX)
- Using Calculations?

Please help me in detail?

You could also join the 2 tables in the DSV, within a Named Query which returns total price as a computed column, like:

select u.[stock nr], p.[unit price], u.[count of material] * p.[unit price] as [total price]

from [used material] u

join [material price] p

on u.[stock nr] = p.[stock nr]

|||too late but thanks. I've used it

No comments:

Post a Comment