Sunday, February 19, 2012

Could not allocate space for object ... in database ... because the ... filegroup is full.

Hello,
I keep getting the following error from time to time:
"Could not allocate space for object ... in database ... because the
... filegroup is full."
The file group currently has a size of 2338 MB.
It is set to automatically grow by steps of 200 MB, I tried a grow by
10 percent but had the same problem.
My application is using ADO and ODBC.
My application succeeds when I relaunch it at a later time.
The version of the engine is SQL Server Entreprise Edition 8.00.760
(SP3).
The version of the ODBC Driver is 03.81.9041.
By the way I see in the trace of the SQL Server that it was doing a
backup of the transaction log just before the failure.
As a matter of fact I created a Database Management Plan that is making
backups of the transaction log periodically outside the period when my
application is scheduled and for some resaon my application was running
longer than expected.
Might this be the reason ?
Thanks in advance,
Eric.
Eric
Do you have enough free space on the disk?
"Eric Paesmans" <Eric.Paesmans@.missioncriticalit.com> wrote in message
news:1164627437.187453.49910@.45g2000cws.googlegrou ps.com...
> Hello,
> I keep getting the following error from time to time:
> "Could not allocate space for object ... in database ... because the
> ... filegroup is full."
> The file group currently has a size of 2338 MB.
> It is set to automatically grow by steps of 200 MB, I tried a grow by
> 10 percent but had the same problem.
> My application is using ADO and ODBC.
> My application succeeds when I relaunch it at a later time.
> The version of the engine is SQL Server Entreprise Edition 8.00.760
> (SP3).
> The version of the ODBC Driver is 03.81.9041.
> By the way I see in the trace of the SQL Server that it was doing a
> backup of the transaction log just before the failure.
> As a matter of fact I created a Database Management Plan that is making
> backups of the transaction log periodically outside the period when my
> application is scheduled and for some resaon my application was running
> longer than expected.
> Might this be the reason ?
> Thanks in advance,
> Eric.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment