Saturday, February 25, 2012

Could not drop procedure.

I have made transaction replication and it's working fine and now I want to
drop one procedure from publisher database but its gave me an error that you
can't drop the procedure b/c it's beeing used in Replication .. what should
I do? can any tell me .
Thanks in advance.
Noor
I am using the following commands but still it gave me an error.
sp_droparticle 'LMS','CmsUpdateIndividualTest', 1,1
Server: Msg 14046, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_droparticle, Line 161
Could not drop article. A subscription exists on it.
Any idea about this ?
Thanks
Noor
"Noorali Issani" <naissani@.softhome.net> wrote in message
news:eg%23cZgVEEHA.1600@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I have made transaction replication and it's working fine and now I want
to
> drop one procedure from publisher database but its gave me an error that
you
> can't drop the procedure b/c it's beeing used in Replication .. what
should
> I do? can any tell me .
> Thanks in advance.
> Noor
>
|||First you have to remove the article from any subscriptions that subscribe
to it. You can drop the subscription for that article ONLY:
Use pubs
go
sp_dropsubscription @.publication = 'pubs' , @.article ='authors',
@.subscriber='ALL'
Then drop the article from the publication:
sp_droparticle @.publication = 'pubs', @.article = 'authors'
Cindy Gross, MCDBA, MCSE
http://cindygross.tripod.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment